Springsteen’s ‘Chapter and Verse’
Just when you think you’ve heard it all, Bruce Springsteen drops a record of career spanning hits and five previously unheard tracks. ‘Chapter and Verse’ is an essential for any fan of The Boss and you only have to wait until 23rd September to fill your ears!
The record is released as an accompaniment to forthcoming Springsteen autobiography ‘Born To Run’. The songs reflect the themes of the book and span every moment of the hugely successful songwriter’s career.
The compilation kicks off with two songs from The Castiles, featuring a teenage Bruce on guitar and vocals and also featurs recordings from the Steel Mill with musicians who would go on to play in the world famous E-Street Band.
‘Chapter and Verse’ will be available as a single CD and double LP, as well as via digital download and streaming. The record will be packaged with a booklet including rare photos and you can pre-order this must-have collectors item from 29th July 2016.
1. Baby I — The Castiles (recorded May 2, 1966, at Mr. Music, Bricktown, NJ; written by Bruce Springsteen and George Theiss; previously unreleased)
2. You Can’t Judge a Book by the Cover — The Castiles (recorded Sept. 16, 1967, at The Left Foot, Freehold, NJ; written by Willie Dixon; previously unreleased)
3. He’s Guilty (The Judge Song) — Steel Mill (recorded Feb. 22, 1970, at Pacific Recording Studio, San Mateo, CA; previously unreleased)
4. Ballad of Jesse James — The Bruce Springsteen Band (recorded March 14, 1972, at Challenger Eastern Surfboards, Highland, NJ; previously unreleased)
5. Henry Boy (recorded June 1972, at Mediasound Studios, New York, NY; previously unreleased)
6. Growin’ Up (recorded May 3, 1972, at Columbia Records Recordings Studios, New York, NY; previously appeared on ‘Tracks’)
7. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) (1973, ‘The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle’)
8. Born to Run (1975, ‘Born to Run’)
9. Badlands (1977, ‘Darkness on the Edge of Town’)
10. The River (1980, ‘The River’)
11. My Father’s House (1982, ‘Nebraska’)
12. Born in the U.S.A. (1984, ‘Born in the U.S.A.’)
13. Brilliant Disguise (1987, ‘Tunnel of Love’)
14. Living Proof (1992, ‘Lucky Town’)
15. The Ghost of Tom Joad (1995, ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’)
16. The Rising (2002, ‘The Rising’)
17. Long Time Comin’ (2005, ‘Devils & Dust’)
18. Wrecking Ball (2012, ‘Wrecking Ball’)